Is your club closed and you would like to play tennis?
Check out our membership here and our top of the range facilities here including Grass, Indoor Dome, Floodlit clay courts and a clubhouse and bar!
*Please note due to the Coronavirus the Dome, Clubhouse and Bar are currently closed.
The Club has today received updated guidelines from the LTA with respect to playing tennis at a venue such as our Club. We hope this will allow even more members to resume playing again shortly.
The main changes are that doubles play and group coaching are now permissible under these guidelines providing that social distancing and hygiene measures are adhered to by members and coaches. Accordingly, the Club will be putting the following changes explained below into effect. Please read these changes carefully.
Members may start to play doubles with those not in your household from Monday 1st June, provided social distancing is maintained and all adhere strictly to the LTA player guidelines attached. Please also note that anyone playing singles should now also adhere to these guidelines, which have been updated.
With respect to court bookings, these will continue to be all online on the MyCourts system and all participants should be entered in the booking. For doubles play for next week, participants can book up to 2 hours of booking slots in one day where there is availability to do so. The arrangements are for the forthcoming week only and will be reviewed later on in the week for future weeks.
Players should, however, note in particular the following when booking;
- the toilet facilities continue to be closed for now.
- Members who are now resuming playing should pay their subscription before going on court. If you have any queries about your subscription, please "reply" to this email.
- Chairs and benches have been removed from the courts - please do not re-take them on to the courts and take everything with you (balls, cans, water bottles, etc) when you leave the court.
- On the clay courts, players must stop play at least 5 minutes before the end of their time slot and properly brush the court ready for the next group of players.
- Will our groundsman has been able to re-set the clay-court floodlights to automatically switch-on at 8pm (dusk) and switch off at 9.30pm (end of play).- We are looking into making arrangements for booking the mini-courts and will advise on this in the near future.
Our Club Manager, James, will be planning with the coaching team the arrangements for the resumption of group coaching.
Junior group coaching programs have resumed.
Guest fees should be paid online prior to playing, via the following process:
1. Login via the Website under "Tennis" and "Book a Court (Members Only)".
2. Book a court and select you opponent: "*GUEST FEE ADULT £8 PAID BEFORE". Then "Submit".
3. Then click "Transfer Credit" on the left-hand side panel.
4. Enter £8 in "Amount to Transfer" and under "Select member to credit" select "*GUEST FEE ADULT £8 PAID BEFORE". Tick: "I understand this transaction cannot be reversed or refunded" then click "Submit".
A reminder that the Club's policy is that a Guest can only visit the Club a maximum of three times before they would need to join the Club as a Member. If a Guest does become a Member, the Guest Fees paid will be deducted from the subscription payable at the time.
Our six main coaches will each be permitted to coach for two hours per day. This may be increased going forward.
Coaches with whom to book lessons (don’t delay to avoid disappointment):
07976 933 810
We hope that you will continue to enjoy your tennis.